This is a remote course. You must have access to a laptop or computer.
You can work on this Mental Health course at your own pace, as long as the course is completed within the 1 month time frame given. Once you have completed the Mental Health course Jobskilla will issue your Level 2 Teaching Assistant course.
Mental Health Breakdown
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to raise awareness of mental health and a range of mental health conditions.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for any learner that wants to raise their awareness of mental health and the problems that can cause mental ill health.
These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progressing to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications in apprenticeship frameworks within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
How is this qualification structured?
The qualification is made up of five mandatory units:
• Unit 1 Understand specific mental health complications
• Unit 2 Understand the effects of poor mental health on an individual
• Unit 3 The principles of mental health awareness
• Unit 4 Understand how to support individual experiencing mental health problems
• Unit 5 Understand laws and legislation related to mental health
How is it assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed and externally verified portfolio of evidence.
Level 2 Teaching Assistant Breakdown
This course will be emailed to you once you have completed the Mental Health course.
You can access this course at any time, you will be given the link to the portal which contains all your course material, your modules and even your certificate! You can complete at any time, day or night!
Have a look at just some of the material covered within the 20 modules:
- An overview of what a teaching assistant is, their role in a classroom and how the role is evolving;
- An understanding of the school system as a whole, including management hierarchy, national curriculum and the various types of schools found within the UK;
- How to provide the best support – best practices, class preparation, understanding and dealing with student behaviour and how to create learning environments;
- Legal issues in the classroom, such as school policies, ensuring child welfare, health and safety rules and regulations and student confidentiality;
- How to improve literacy and numeracy, including alternative tools, the importance of the National Curriculum and how teaching assistants can support teachers in these areas;
- How to provide assistance to students with learning disabilities and inclusive learning strategies;
- A focus on integrating ESL children, building effective learning environments and understanding the challenges that these students may have;
- Behaviour management, including proactive solutions, how to encourage personal development and understanding these negative behaviours;
- An overview of parental engagement, focusing on why it is important, common barriers and how it can improve lifelong learning;
- Curriculum delivery under the direction of the teacher, including understanding different learning styles, the role of the teaching assistant in activity planning and delivery, working efficiently and as part of a team and relationship building.
Here are the benefits of taking the course:
- It can be completed anywhere, be it during downtime in the classroom or from the comfort of your staff’s own home;
- Your staff can set the pace, with the easy-to-follow course structure;
- The course material focuses on UK standards, meaning that the knowledge acquired relates directly to your classroom, as opposed to just instead of just generic information;
- The recognised certification can be used as a promotional tool, to provide parents with the reassurance that their children are attending a quality educational establishment;
- As they are completed, the modules can be applied to the classroom environment;
- There are no prerequisites required, in order to get started.